The month of May is set aside every year as National Electrical Safety Month. Here are a few electrical safety tips to help safeguard your home from potential electrical dangers.
1. Don't overload your home's electrical outlets.
2. Don't forget to test smoke alarms in your home.
3. Watch the wattage for bulbs and fixtures - overloading creates potential fire hazards.
4. If you are using extension cords regularly, you may need extra outlets.
5. Toss out damaged cords - they're not worth the risk!
6. If your breakers are frequently tripping, it's time to call an electrician.
Electrical hazards can be almost anywhere, so be aware, everywhere! Remember, safety starts with you!