Please help us to provide prompt service to your new business by obtaining the following information:
- $50 membership deposit plus $30 service charge, plus applicable taxes
- Consumer Deposit: The deposit for a new commercial account will be determined by a load study conducted by the cooperative. In lieu of a deposit for a commercial account, members/applicants may acquire and provide to the cooperative a letter of credit from a reputable financial institution equal to the amount of the required deposit. The cooperative reserves the right to refuse a letter of credit from a financial institution that the cooperative determines not to be reputable.
- Application for commercial or business accounts
- Social security number or tax identification number
- United States government issued photo identification
- Nearest neighbors name and address
- What kind of service? 100 or 200 amp service
- Heated square feet
- Right-of-Way easement signed by landowner(s)
- Easement must be printed on legal sized paper and notarized
- Refer to the Line Extension Policy for information on construction charges.
- Dixie Electric does not supply temporary meter poles
- Accounts in Forrest, Jones or Covington counties need a Flood Plain Permit from their respective county
- Before applying for service, contact the E-911 coordinator in your county to establish your 911 address
- Depending on the size of the service, a contract may be required
- Mark water and sewer lines if down. Call Mississippi 811 for location of utilities
Mississippi One Call Law: All persons preparing to dig must call Mississippi 811 or utilize the online E-locate system two days prior to the beginning of any work. Underground facilities will be marked using the color code system and then work may proceed.
Dixie Electric is an equal opportunity employer and provider.